Semsons Posting Page
Tuesday, March 11, 2008


NOTICE TO DRIVERS IN CALIFORNIA AND MINNESOTA: State law prohibits drivers in California and Minnesota from using suction mounts on their windshields while operating motor vehicles. (See California Vehicle Code Section 26708(a); Minnesota Statutes 2005, Section 169.71)

Everyday I drive the streets and highways of sunny California and I see many drivers with GPS units attached to their windshield. It makes me wonder if this law is ever enforced by law enforcement. Anyways, I don't intend to find out the hard way. I have my GPS unit mounted on one of these iTrek Heavy Duty Friction Mount Base. The weight of the base (2.5lb) and the gel padding on the bottom makes it sit very steadily on the dash. It is also very easy to remove as I always take my GPS + base and hide it away from sight after I park my car. In addtion, it certainly does not leave a ugly circle print on your windshield.

Labels: ,



by: Semsons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Previous Posts
Archives


pad

Home